Chicken Momos Recipe/ Chicken Dumplings or Wontons
Who doesn’t love piping hot Momos or Dumplings or Wontons served with fiery schezwan sauce or spicy tomato garlic chutney? Momos is one of my favorite street food and I crave for it often. You can find many street food vendors in Delhi or Mumbai also selling these steaming hot beauties. Every new place has a unique taste and there are so many variations now available like tandoori momos, fried momos, etc. I prefer the steamed version as it is more healthy compared to the fried ones. My recipe is inspired by the chicken momos recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor but I have modified it a bit by adding whole wheat flour to avoid the all purpose flour. So, follow this chicken momos recipe step by step and make your family and loved ones happy with these Nepali delicacies.
Check the video of Chicken Momos/Dumpling Recipe:
Other Chicken recipes you might find interesting :
Spicy Chicken Wrap
Chicken Hung Curd Salad
Spicy Pasta Arrabiata
Chicken Momos Recipe
I am sharing the recipe of piping hot chicken momos or chicken dumplings. Follow this chicken momos recipe step by step. This recipe is inspired by the chicken momos recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor.
Add all the ingredients to the minced chicken and mix well.
Allow it to set for 15-20 minutes.
Add whole wheat flour, all - purpose flour and salt together.
With the help of water knead it into a not too soft not hard dough
- For Momos:
- Take small portions of the dough, roll it in dry flour and make it thin puri sized.
- Place stuffing in the center and fold one end over other or simply make it "potli" shape and seal it together.
- Heat water in a deep pan and place the steamer over it( you can also use idli cooker)
- Place the stuffed momos on the top and cover it with a lid.
- Since it is chicken momos so steam it for 20 minutes so that the chicken is cooked completely.
- Serve the momos hot with spicy garlic tomato chutney.
Follow below for Pictures: